Monday, December 20, 2010

Manga: Hero Mitai Ni

Also known as "Like a Hero" and scanlated by Hochuuami, this manga  is a one-shot work of my #1 favorite mangaka, Yamane Ayano. Eventhough she's my most favorite, I have not made bios of most of her characters that's because almost all of them have fanlisting sites if not personal forums. It's obvious that I am avoiding the famous characters in the Yaoi industry because you can find infos about them, so easily. But someday, I promise myself that I will write about them on my blog.

So about this one-shot, it is a story of High School boys. They are relatives and living in the same roof. The pairing is: the older boy as the uke and the younger one as the seme. I can say this is a hard yaoi (you always expect that from all of sensei's works) and eventhough it's just a one-shot I enjoyed my time reading it.



Tooyama Keiichi (Uke)

  
He is a 3rd year in HS and older than Kaname by a year. It looks like his parents died from a car accident that's why he was adopted by Kaname's family. Originally, they are cousins. When they were kids, he saved Kaname from a car accident. He was also the reason why the younger boy enjoyed his childhood.

They go to same school and lately he's been having problems dealing with the attitude of his brother. 

At school, he's known for his good deeds like one day while walking with Kaname, he saved a young girl from being hit by a car. One of his female classmates saw him and spread the news at school. It shows that he's got more friends than his known "brother."

He is a baseball player. 

Age:
17-18 
Citizenship:
Japanese
Height/Weight:
Tall
Hair:
Short, Straight/Black



Physical Attributes and Personality: 
Slender and physically strong, an easy-going person and friendly.


Activities/Hobbies:
He plays baseball. He wakes up early in the morning to do his exercise.
He also loves to cook and never leaves the house without cooking breakfast.



Kaname Kaga (Seme)


He is known as the "younger brother" of  Keiichi at school but in reality they are cousins. He is a year younger than him so he calls him "Kei-nii."  During a car accident when he was a kid, he was saved by Keiichi and he can never forget this. Later on, when he realized that his desire for his older brother is love, he tried avoiding him. In doing so, he made Keiichi worried that he went to the club where he hangs out. Kaname punched him accidentally. 

Later on when confronted by Keiichi, he confessed his love and made love to him on his bed.


Age:
16-17 
Citizenship:
Japanese
Height/Weight:
Tall
Hair:
Very short/Blonde

Physical Attributes and Personality: 
Physically, he looks yummy. *lol*. He is obstinate and stubborn. A strong fighter, obsessive and possessive!

Activities/Hobbies:
 He is a night person. He loves to go to clubs and hang out with women. 





Lately, I've been thinking of playing ball games.
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review.

I like the flashback when Keiichi saved Kaname. It's really sweet.

Nessy San said...

Thank you. But I'm not really reviewing the mangas... I am collecting yaoi characters profile instead. :D

It's a sentimental flashback... so sad actually. =(

Thank you for dropping by, I wish I knew at least your nickname. Thank you, Anonymous chan/san for dropping by!